Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bacon Pie

I found this yummy recipe here however I had to modify for my weight watchers and also for my kids taste as my youngest is not a fan of cheese(wierd I know). However this recipe came out yummy and I only served this tonight as the main dish but think next time I make chili I will serve this as the bread. My chnages will be in bold,.

12 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled(10 slices)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz) (1/2 cup fat free cheddar)
1/3 cup chopped onion (you can substitute with green onion too) (did not use)
1/2 cup Bisquick
1 cup milk (1 cup fat free half and half)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease pie plate, 9x1/1/4 inches.

Sprinkle bacon, cheese, and onion in pie plate.

Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
Bake 35- 40 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

The origanl recipe was cooked in a pie pan however mine was cooked in a 8x8 pan. I then cut this into 9 squares.  I had 3 squares which was plently and yummy!!

Point Value-3

No comments: