Thursday, November 15, 2012

Redeemed

A few weeks ago I talked about how angry I was with god (see post here) however the last month or so I have been working out my issues of that I had with god and with my life in general. This song below is the first song that I heard when I was really down!! It speaks to me alot. I have been doing alot of praying, the girls and I are back in church praise god, I am no longer angry at him or even my ex. I have come to relaize that while we have out own plans for our lives there are times they are not our own and that god  is always in control

Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave

Seems like all I can see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me “son
stop fighting a fight that’s already been won”
I am redeemed, You set me free
So I’ll shake off theses heavy chains
Wipe away every stain now I’m not who I used to be
I am redeemed
All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret
But when I hear You whisper, “Child lift up your head”
I remember oh God, You’re not done with me yet
I don’t have to be the old man inside of me
Cause his day is long dead and gone
I’ve got a new name, a new life I’m not the same
And a hope that will carry me home

No comments: