Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Spianch, egg and cheese veggie wrap

Since I work from home and my car there are many mornings that I am  rushing out the door to do visits. Many times I will stop at Starbucks and get me a grande coffee and veggie wrap from them. I am huge fan of Starbucks and while I love it, the prices are crazy. Most days I end my day at starbucks documenting.

As much as I love Starbucks I hate spending the money so the last week I have been looking for east breakfast meals that I can heat up and take with me.

This recipe is based on the spinach, egg white and feta wrap from Starbucks. I did change it up a tiny bit because I was not a huge fan of the feta. This is my take on a veggie wrap from Starbucks

3 eggs whites and 1 egg
1/4 cup spinach, could use more if you like-Zero point food
2tbsp ff cheese, shredded
1tbsp salsa per wrap
3 low fat wraps- the wraps I use are two points each.





Separate the 3 egg yolks from the 3 egg white. Discard the egg yolks. Combine the one full egg with the egg yolks. Add some salt, pepper and any seasoning you like. Mix well, then add the spinach and the cheese, and again mix well. Cook on medium heat until it done to your liking.









In the meantime set up the 3 wraps on cellophane and add half of the 1tbsp of  salsa and spread over the wrap. When the eggs are done, divide into 3 equal parts and top each egg white mixture with the remaining salsa. Fold the wraps and wrap in the cellophane.

I usually stick these in the fridge and use within the week, and reheat int he microwave for 3-45 seconds. However you can freeze them.

Points Plus-4 per serving which is one wrap

No comments: