Monday, November 12, 2012

Still Here!!

So it has been a while since I last posted about my journey after divorce. However I needed to step back some and deal with some issues in my head. Part of the reason why I needed to pull back was because of the holidays coming up. My ex husband asked to separate the Monday after thanksgiving and I filed for divorce two weeks before Christmas and he was served two days after Christmas. So as you can imagine my heart is hurting at this time. I am still struggling some because he has been able to move on and while I no longer am wanting and hoping he would come back, I am still hurting over the fact that my life has changed so  much.

I really am doing alot better than I was a year ago, I am able to spend more time with my girls, I am working on getting healthy and some day I hope to find someone who gets me and respects me and my girls. However there have been a ton of challenges which I am having to adjust to. The biggest being financial issues.

So as we progress thru the Holiday season, I will be going home for Thanksgiving with my girls as it is my year with them. I know that going home for that holiday will be good, it will keep my mind of the last year and will allow me to have a small break from life. However Christmas this year will be hard since my ex has the girls. I am hoping that he will allow me to have them for a few hours but i am not getting my hopes up. If I dont' get them to see the on Christmas day, I will just plan my Christmas day for a Saturday that I have them and we will do it up. Christmas eve traditions and all. I am not going to let the fact that my life has changed to destroy the happiness that I have in my heart.

I know that I am getting stronger and better each and every day!!

No comments: