Sunday, January 1, 2012

What a year-2011

So as we set the calendars ahead another year I am facing several things I thought that I would never see.

The biggest change of this year is that I will be divorced. My husband and I decided right after Thanksgiving that is was no longer working for either of us. We did try therapy however he has found someone else and has already moved on. We are currently in the process of splitting up our home and trying to figure out custody for our 2 children. I do have to say that this has been one of the hardest things i have been through and would never wish this on someone else. However at the same time my Marriage was no longer a marriage and we were just going thru the motions. I can honestly say that while I still love him and will care for him I am looking forward to some day finding someone who wants me for me.

The other thing that I am facing because of the divorce is living alone. I got married when I was 21 and moved out of my parents home soon after. The only time I have been alone was when my husband was in boot camp and when he went to Iraq. While I am looking forward to the time with my kids I am also very scared about what the future holds and how I will manage everything. I still plan on going to school and I am still working full time so thank god for that blessing it is just hard to think that I have to give up one dream for another.

This year I am hoping to blog more and thur this blog I will work on some issues that plagued my marriage but also that plagued my real life.

Hoping 2012 is my year.

1 comment:

Brandi Kennedy said...

Glad to see you blogging again!!